High Country Stables is conveniently located on 10 acres in North Fort Collins near the North College Business District. We are minutes away from grocery shopping, car repair, gas stations, fast food and restaurants, car dealerships, and many more retail shops. We are centrally located but feel like we are out in the country as we are tucked away on a private road.
Boarding at High Country Stables is unlike any other barn you will find in Northern Colorado. We are so fortunate to have such diversity among our boarders and students - and that we coexist peacefully. Almost every discipline and ability are represented here and no-one is made to feel uncomfortable or awkward simply because of their ability or the saddle they are sitting on. We are a very friendly group; and we are quite laid back, yet very professional. Horses are under excellent care 24 hours/day and 7 days/week as our General Manager resides on-site full-time and our Owner resides here part-time. Our facility is not the newest around, we're over 25 years old!!! Considering our age we are in great shape; with plans for some serious updating come Spring!
You will find every amenity you would expect from a training/boarding facility of our size from the fly/mosquito system in the Barn to the heated indoor arena and everything in-between. HCS is a FULL-SERVICE facility, and should you require a service outside our regular scope - we are always happy to work with you to ensure your needs are met. Blanketing and turnout service are provided free of charge to Boarders inside our barns and the private paddocks. Blanketing is done daily as weather dictates; additional blanketing and blanketing for shared paddocks is available for a nominal fee.
Our amenities include:
- Heated indoor Dressage / multi-use arena (180' x 60') with overhead sprinkler watering system
- "NOsquito" Central fly/mosquito system protecting the entire Main barn
- HUGE outdoor multi-use arena with stadium lights
- Outdoor Dressage court (90' x 60')
- Several turn-out areas
- 2 round pens (1 large enough to ride in)
- Hot water wash rack
- Washer and Dryer
- Boarders Lounge with FREE Wi-Fi, restroom, microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator, couches, tables and more!
- Limited trailer parking at no charge
- Blanketing and Turnout service included in stall and private paddock board
- Professional horse Training/Lessons in all disciplines for show or pleasure. See our Trainers page!
- Easy access to the Poudre River trail system running from LaPorte to Greeley, over 21 miles!
- Horses for lease - Full and Partial leases available
- Sales Assistance - let our extremely experienced, talented and knowledgeable trainers assist you in finding the perfect horse for you!